Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Class Dojo



Class Dojo is a free classroom tool that helps teachers improve behavior in their classroom quickly and easily.  This tool can be used on a smartphone, iPad, and computer.  I was very apprehensive in recommending this site because I wanted to make sure it was more than a fancy behavior management tool.  After having a few teachers try it I have gotten a great response.

Some of the great features:
  • You can customize the behaviors you are tracking
  • You can print off reports for students and parents
  • The site provides a code so parents/students can view real time data on their student
  • Its Free!
Instructional Impacts:
I have tried many different ways to keep track of students behavior data.  None of them have been seamless and are always hard to refer back to when I am filling in report cards or during conferences.  Class Dojo fixes that problem by allowing you to keep track of both positive and off task behaviors throughout the day.  It also builds an individual graph for each student and the class.  The other nice part is this can be kept just for you as the teacher or you can easily share this data with parents and students.  I also like how you can customize the behavior to match the 7 Habits or parts of our report cardThis is also a great way to build gamification into your classroom through this online tool.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried it for my classroom! I love it and so do parents and students. Students know I am holding them accountable. Come report card time I will have data to support social skills areas.

    ReplyDelete

Teachers Are Needed More Than Ever